Happy 2014, Year of the Horse! I hope that everyone has been experiencing health and happiness as we’re in full swing of the New Year.
TUSPHTM’s Alumni Board is pleased to announce our six new alumni board members:
- Lisanne Brown (INHD MPH ’90, EPID/BIOS PhD ’95) of the Louisiana Public Health Institute (New Orleans)
- Stephanie Dopson (CHS MPH ’99, GHSD ScD ’13) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta)
- Susan Griffey (IHD MPH ’83, DrPH ’93) of Social and Scientific Systems, Inc. (Washington, D.C.)
- August Martin, Jr. (EHS MSPH ’00) of HNTB Corporation (Austin, TX)
- David Nimke (EPID MPH ’03) of Astella Pharma US, Inc. (Chicago)
- Erica Washington (EPID MPH ’09) of the State of Louisiana, Department of Health and Hospitals (New Orleans)
Spring 2014 has shaped up to be a successful semester for the Alumni Speakers’ Bureau, with excellent, thought-provoking presentations by Thomas Carton (GHSD PhD ’13), director of analytics at the Louisiana Public Health Institute, Jack Millaway (BSPH ’09, EPID MSPH ’11), quality improvement coordinator at NO/AIDS Task Force, and new board member Stephanie Dopson. We’ve posted the Youtube links to some presentations on the alumni webpage under “Speakers’ Bureau.” Remember: you could be the next speaker!
Several of our local alumni across various departments participated in a student-alumni networking reception held jointly by the Center for Engaged Learning and Teaching (CELT) and the Alumni Association. Thirteen alumni came to represent their departments and share career advice with over 60 undergraduate students in attendance!
Join us in these and other projects to help connect alumni to one another and to our students. Your connection to SPHTM continues long after you walk off the stage with your diploma, and we’re always looking for new people and ideas. For questions/comments, please contact Alexis Ruffino, SPHTM alumni coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elaine Ricketts Hicks (CHS MPH ’94)
TUSPHTM Alumni Association Board of Directors