Your alumni board has been very busy linking students and global alumni to one another. Over the past few months, in addition to electing new board members, we’ve accomplished the following:
- We have partnered with the Student Government Association to establish an Alumni Speakers Bureau, featuring:
- August Martin (GEHS MSPH ’00), who focused on the importance of being active beyond coursework in “It ALL Matters – What Your Degree Won’t Buy You”
- Andrea Lowe (GEHS MPH ’98), who discussed “Ready, Set, Grow! How to Distinguish Yourself in the Next Generation of Public Health Leaders”
We are recruiting alumni to speak next spring and beyond. Could you be the next one?
- A big thanks to the alumni who facilitated fun events connecting graduates who share common interests, passions, career paths, and geographic location, by launching these Alumni Clubs:
- Atlanta, Ga, started by Aubrey Cyphert (GHSD MPH ’11) and Julian Grass (EPID MPH ’11)
- Washington, D.C., area, started by Sarah Weber (GHSD MPH ’13)
- The association’s LinkedIn group, “Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine Alumni Association,” has increased membership from 400 to 1,200+ members, consisting of students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Elisabeth Gleckler (IHD MPH ’93, DrPH ’03) co-manages the group and is also a clinical associate professor in our popular BSPH program. I encourage you to use LinkedIn to share questions, job announcements, news, and advice with our community.
Join us in these and other projects to help connect alumni to one another and to our students. Your connection to SPHTM continues long after you walk off the stage with your diploma, and we’re always looking for new people, speakers, and ideas. For questions/comments, please contact Alexis Ruffino, SPHTM alumni coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elaine Ricketts Hicks (HCE MPH ’94)
TUSPHTM Alumni Association Board of Directors